A recent study concluded that 69% of home owners are underinsured. Unfortunately, many home owners think they are fully protected and are stunned to find out at the time of loss that their coverage is inadequate.
These records will help you to complete the claims process more efficiently and accurately if you suffer a loss:
- Compile an inventory of what you own, room by room.
- Take pictures of your belongings, particularly anything of high value.
- Keep receipts for all valuable items you purchase, including appliances.
- Record a replacement value for each item on your inventory.
- Go over this list with your insurance agent and determine whether you need to purchase additional coverage to be protected in the event of a loss.
- Place your inventory list, images and receipts in a secure place such as a fire safe.
Getting the right homeowners insurance coverage for your home and belongings depends on many things. Alliances Insurance Agency, LLC can help you find the right coverage at the right price. When you buy home insurance, you are protecting your financial future. Take time to seek good advice from a knowledgeable independent agent. Call us today at 267.614.4234